Friday

Julie's Tree

I was so excited to create this "family tree" for julie! She had sent me this picture awhile ago in hopes I could do something similar for her on her family room wall.


Well you know me ALWAYS up for a challenge! Now the thing was her wall was smaller and darker (in color that is). But the good news was I only needed a small stepping stool to do it! Whoot! Whoot!


So with the reference picture in hand I lightly drew out a skeleton outline of the tree with chalk


I started painting the tree using a dark brown. Then added highlights.




Once I got the majority of branches on I started with leaves. 


Just like I did with the tree trunk, I started with a darker shade of green. Then went in with a lighter shade to highlight. 


Here's the final piece! Now Jules is in the process of getting the family pictures printed and looking for some really unique picture frames to hang in her tree! It should look pretty awesome once she's done! Can't wait to see this bad boy all dressed up!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your informative writing.
Get 30%-70% Discount from FZillion.com on all branded Decorative Accents .

USA Free shipping and free return. 75 days Return Policy.

New Kira said...

Don't forget visit the best paint service Jasa Cat Dekoratif

Painting services said...

Very nice wall painting with tree shape.
Painting services in dubai

painting services in dubai said...

Sky painting services dubai - painting services dubai _ house painters in dubai
business bay
056 609 4075

HARRY WALKER said...

I must say that this is a great post.Really I am impressed from this post.
Regards : microsoft365.com/setup
micrsoft365.com setup
microsoft365
office365.com
123.hp.com/setup