Friday

All Over The Walls

If you have ever read my bio, you know that my partner, Maggie and I, own another business, called 2 Women and a Paintbrush, and although the majority of my time (thanks to Maggie's support), is spent on The Decorative Paintbrush, I do, do occasional work, with 2 Women and a Paintbrush.  Usually, when a customer requests something "artsy", because although Maggie is very creative, she'll be the first to tell you, "Mary does the pretty work."  So, that said, here is some "pretty work" that I had the privilege of doing on a customers walls.  She wanted something fun & funky to match the great bed spread she had purchased.  I had originally planned on just doing plain colored squares, but as always, a design has a mind of its own.  We added pattern (cow print, dots & checkerboards), we added circles, to soften the hardness of the sharp edges of the squares, and we even added depth (squares within squares).  The room now has has a great 60's vibe to it, yet, with the patterns, it has a bit of a modern twist. Bringing it into the 21st century.

As always, we used Benjamin Moore Paints.  The colors were very deep and vibrant, only complimenting the design, pulling the whole look/theme together!  My next job with 2 Women and a Paintbrush will consist of a Thomas The Tank Engine mural in a little boys room, and perhaps Gerber Daisy's in his sister's room. So, you see when I say, "Painting isn't just a job for us, it's a way of life..." I mean it.  Every day we paint something! I wouldn't have it any other way! 




Oh, and just to give you a sneak peek of what I'm working on in the shop...A friend gave me this piece last week before she moved.  She had bought it at a garage sale, planned to refinish it, but never had a chance, so, it was stored in her basement for a very long (LONG) time, until we rescued it!  I already have some idea of what I will do with it, but you know how that goes....I say that now, but once I get started, BAM! a whole other piece emerges. Look for the finished project coming soon...

No comments: