Monday

Martini Time

I'm not a big drinker, never have been. Not for religious or personal reasons, I just don't like the taste. Although, I have been known to have a fun fruity drink, (Mmmm, strawberry daiquiris!) from time to time, for the most part I don't drink. But...I do love the "idea" of having a nice relaxing drink by the pool or in a cute little cabana someplace, buff men fanning me while I partake!


What started me down the road of the "Martini" theme were actually the cute little olives. I know, "cute olives?" But I had seen them on another project and thought they were awesome. These small wood eggs, cut in half,  painted green and red, to create a faux olive, how creative is that! So, when it came time to create my own olive themed piece I had to go with the thing that is synonymous with green olives? Yep, Martini's.

So, I Googled Martini's (Love Google, she sings loudly!) and low and behold there were a bunch of great recipes, for all sorts of Martinis. Just in case you ever needed it, I enclosed a traditional Martini and strawberry one (just because I like strawberries). I've also included the link, just in case you wanted to try out more fun Martini recipes!    http://www.martinirecipe.net/


Classic Martini Ingredients
Approx 2+ 1/2 oz Gin
Approx 1/4 oz Dry Vermouth
1 green olive OR a twist of lemon peel
6 ice cubes

Classic Martini Directions

Into a mixing glass, toss a handful of ice cubes (about half a dozen), then pour in the Gin and the Vermouth.
Stir well. Some may prefer shaken! Strain and pour into a martini glass. To finish, either drop a green olive into the bottom of the martini glass OR arrange a twist of lemon peel on the edge of the martini glass.


Strawberry Martini Ingredients

Approx 2 oz Vodka
Approx 1/4 oz frais de bois (optional)
Approx 1/4 oz sugar syrup, or to taste
5 strawberries (fresh is best)
8 ice cubes

Strawberry Martini Recipe Directions

In a cocktail shaker, crush 4 strawberries using a bar spoon or muddler. Add Vodka, frais de bois (optional) and sugar syrup. Add ice. Shake well. Pour and strain into a frosted martini glass. Garnish the rim of the martini glass with the remaining strawberry

Okay, now that we are all half loaded, let’s talk about this table!


Back to the wood olives. I wanted to use a lot of them, not just one in the glass, so I decided to create a sort of "clock face" with them (12, 3, 6, 9) I was going with the premise, "It's 5 o'clock somewhere!" Then between them I wanted to set different types of Martinis (which started me searching Google for different types). I went with the green and red color palette, (from the olives of course) and then funked it up, the dpb style!

I sold it this past weekend to the women in the booth next to me at the craft show! She bought it as a house warming gift for her daughter. The daughter had just purchased some funky Martini glasses and mom thought they would look fabulous displayed on this table. Awwweeee!!! What a great Mom!

3 comments:

Hopeful Housewife said...

very cute! Love the use of eggs.....who would have ever thought of that!

xoxoRASJ said...

Love this! You stuff just keeps getting better and better! ANd, I must say, the blog entry is particularly well-written! "cute little olives. Heh heh! :-)

Lisa of Lisa's Little House said...

Hi there...thanks for visiting our blog...

I think you need to add some 'color' to your life! Love your stuff...makes me happy.

Lisa