Wednesday

Trending right now; Owls! I'm loving it!



Lately, everywhere you turn you see owls! Cute, fun, funky owls!  And I must admit, I'm completely on board with this whimsical trend.  You see, I have a secret, I have an owl fetish   Those big beautiful eyes, their cute little wings-just swoon worthy.  Then slap a pair of black rimmed glasses and I'm done-too cute for words! Whenever I "have to" paint them, secretly,  I'm totally enjoying myself.  So. when it came time to do this next piece, can you say ecstatic ! I practically squealed with girlish delight.

These are the the pics they sent me of her room, the patterns and colors, plus the inspirational owl.




This is a mirror that I sell in my Etsy shop.  


You can custom order them in any particular style or design, to match any room, or any space. You can find this simple version with just a small owl accent in the shop as well.

Now, I can paint all kinds of stuff. Use any color scheme you so choose, but my personal favorite; kids items. Can I get a WHOOT! Whoot! (like how i worked in the owl sounds?) They always make me smile just a bit-and lets be real, it's hard to be depressed when you're painting flowers and owls in hot pink and aqua.

So, this was the final piece.











And mom was even kind enough to send pictures of the piece in her room.  Guess what she liked best about the mirror?  Yep...the owl!





Come find me on Face Book, Pinterest or Twitter!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's lovely !

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

Very lovely and original and just matches perfectly with the quilt.

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

O.MY.Goodness! How adorable! I was reading your post, all the while thinking...where's the owl? Then came the surprise at the end! I LOVE it! (as usual)